Rainelle Information
 Rainelle Reunion 2010
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  15:05:49  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The 2010 Rainelle Reunion was wonderful! The Reunion Committee, Class Contact individuals and others did a marvelous job! I don't think I've ever laughed and hugged so much. It was tremendous fun and it was great to see some Rangers who hadn't made it before. Much information will be posted to this discussion board and the website in the coming days. I stopped at Virginia Meadows' house and got an electronic copy of her photos. They are excellent! I took a lot of photos. Both of these sets will be posted to the website this week. If you wish to make comments about the reunion, please post them to the discussion board or feel free to e-mail them to me and I will post them. If you do not wish your name attributed to your comments, please let me know. If you have pictures to contribute, options include: 1) Post them to services such as flickr, Google's picasa Web or Kodak Gallery and send me ("share") the link and I will post the link with your name. 2) Upload your photos to a service such as www.yousendit.com and send me the link. 3) If you only have a few pictures to contribute, feel free to e-mail them to me. 4) Mail a CD to me. 5: If you only have a few and they are paper prints, send the paper prints and I will scan them and return them. I will attritube any of your photos to you.

Thank you again, Reunion Committee, Class Contract folks and all involved. It was great!! :-)

Dale Tincher - Class of 64
919-272-8052
dale.tincher@rainellereunion.com

Edited by - Dale Tincher 64 on 07/05/2010 15:08:05

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  07:51:45  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have set up an account in Google Picasa Web for the reunion photos. I will upload my and Mrs. Meadows' pictures today. If you would like to upload your photos to picasa Web for Rangers to enjoy, please contact me at dale.tincher@rainellereunion.com and I will send you the user name and password.

919-272-8052
Go to Top of Page

Dale

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  12:46:32  Show Profile  Visit Dale's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We are starting to post Reunion Photos. We have 3 albums at Google Picasa Web:
http://picasaweb.google.com/110052913448204097776?feat=email -- including Mrs. Meadows' photos, my photos, and my cousin Pamela's photos.

Some people have let us know that they will be sending a link to their online albums or mailing a CD. We will continue to add more photos and links and will post a notice to the discussion board as they are added.

At the Google Picasa site, you can download, share, print, buy prints, make a collage or make a movie of the photos. You can also add comments to any of the photos. (If you see any inappropriate comments, please let me know.) If you wish to upload your photos, please contact me and I will provide the login to you. We hope you enjoy them.

Dale Tincher
Raleigh, NC
919-272-8052
Go to Top of Page

Dale

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  13:13:18  Show Profile  Visit Dale's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Janet Estep has added 41 photos. Thank you, Janet! Enjoy them at http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=jbestep&target=ALBUM&id=5441898324708321041&authkey=Gv1sRgCLeWo_aSoazUogE&feat=email

Dale Tincher
Raleigh, NC
919-272-8052
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  15:14:00  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dale

http://picasaweb.google.com/110052913448204097776?feat=email -- including Mrs. Meadows' photos, my photos, and my cousin Pamela's photos.

Some people have let us know that they will be sending a link to their online albums or mailing a CD. We will continue to add more photos and links and will post a notice to the discussion board as they are added.

At the Google Picasa site, you can download, share, print, buy prints, make a collage or make a movie of the photos. You can also add comments to any of the photos. (If you see any inappropriate comments, please let me know.) If you wish to upload your photos, please contact me and I will provide the login to you. We hope you enjoy them.

Dale Tincher
Raleigh, NC
919-272-8052

J.W. Puckett has added 200 excellent photos to the above link. Thank you, J.W.!
Go to Top of Page

Donnie Puckett 67

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  15:38:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A super thanks to all who worked so hard to make the reunion a success and a thanks to those who came "home" to be a part of the events.

I share this website and stories of our "all class reunions" with folks all of the time and I get so many "WOW's".

The nicest thing about the website is that is does afford us the opportunity to "come home" and visit Rainelle in the comfort of our chair, as we gaze upon our computer screens.

Thanks to each person who has helped to create and who maintain this website.
It truly is amazing and equally wonderful.

This reunion seemed to have a special feeling of appreciation as a lot of folks were talking about it possibly being the last of it's kind.

I sure hope we can come back to the new school and use the facility and enjoy the friendships as we have.

Our Rainelle High School building may be gone, but that Ranger spirit will always exist.

Let's keep it alive!

2015 would be an excellent year to gather again.

What do you think?
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  16:00:15  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Donnie wrote:
>> Let's keep it alive! 2015 would be an excellent year to gather again. What do you think? >>

Donnie, at my age, I don't know if I want to wait that long. That could work, however. I think it is a great idea, but I was going to wait until the Reunion Committee rests a few days before suggesting it.

I suspect there will be some classes that will meet in two to three years. We had too much fun not to meet again soon. I look forward to hearing what others think.
Go to Top of Page

jwpuckett71

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  18:14:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I took a "whole passle" of golf photos, too. Will try to get those CD's from Mrs. Meadows and get them up in a few days.
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2010 :  18:30:38  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jwpuckett71

I took a "whole passle" of golf photos, too. Will try to get those CD's from Mrs. Meadows and get them up in a few days.

Thank you, J.W. Your photos are superb! You were everywhere.

919-272-8052
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  15:57:33  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dale

Hello everyone, we have two more albums - one from Dave Parks and one from Terry Clower. It was great to see my old friend Dave at the reunion. His dad was our pastor at Little Sewell, in the Rainelle suburb of Craig, at one time. Dave and his brother, Daniel, are both now pastors - fine ones I'm certain. Enjoy Dave and
Terry's photos - http://picasaweb.google.com/110052913448204097776?feat=email

We expect more photos soon. I have sent e-mails to Garvin and Jewell Brown Smith and a few other folks, plus some others are due to arrive. If you see any on Facebook, please let me your or your Facebook friend know - we'd love to add them for everyone's enjoyment.

Evelyn, I enjoyed your comments.

Edited by - Dale Tincher 64 on 07/09/2010 15:58:29
Go to Top of Page

jwpuckett71

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2010 :  17:19:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey folks! 67 golf photos from the Rainelle School Reunion Tournament are now up on the Picasas site!

ENJOY!!
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  09:09:57  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. The Beckley Post Herald had an article about the Rainelle Reunion. I haven't been able to find it online. If someone can scan it or send it to me, I will post it. (Or, you can post it.) If you have other articles from other sources, we will post them.

I have also talked with several people who were not able to make the reunion, but said they thoroughly enjoyed seeing the pictures linked on the website. Unfortunately, I have not been able to deny wearing the cheerleader skirt since so many people took pictures of it.

If you have favorite memories from the reunion, please let us know. I enjoyed seeing, talking with and hearing stories from several teachers I admire, including Coach Hamrick, Coach Zopp, Mr. Anderson, Mrs. Kessler, Mr. Smith and Mrs. Meadows. The energy these teachers still have amazes and inspires me. Ms. Estep said her grandchildren bought her a bicycle at age 74. Coach Hamrick can still outdance all of us. He told some wonderful stories at our and the Class of 62's dinner. Coach Zopp still inspires me in many ways. Mrs. Meadows has a schedule that would wear most of us out. I always love seeing Mr. Anderson, Mr. Smith and Mrs. Kessler. They have great senses of humor as well as wisdom. It was wonderful connecting, hugging and laughing with old friends. I'm still smiling from all the fun and great times at the reunion. It was tremendous!!!
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2010 :  17:03:23  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Curis Caruthers and I were discussing on Facebook about how much we enjoyed the reunion. I told him it was one of the best times of my life! Curtis agreed and said it was too short, that he only got to say hello to several people with whom he would like to have talked at length. Our hats are off to the reunion committee for doing such a wonderful job. We have some wonderful memories. We agreed that we hope another reunion will take place. We will be glad to haul picnic tables, fetch drinks or anything that will help. Contact your local reunion committee member and beg... :-)

919-272-8052
Go to Top of Page

Dale Tincher 64

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  01:20:55  Show Profile  Visit Dale Tincher 64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Ranger friends. Great news - we scanned the Fifth All-School Reunion booklet and it is available for your viewing pleasure:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=110052913448204097776&target=ALBUM&id=5546328728460724401&authkey=Gv1sRgCNKu7M7Tvtj1eA&feat=email

The photos can be downloaded. If you would like a larger version of any of the pages, let me know and I will e-mail it or them to you. Dale

919-272-8052
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Rainelle Reunion Discussion © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page